We are the South West’s largest horticultural retailer and employ around 100 people across 5 sites. Due to further expansion we are looking for two reliable, enthusiastic, and hardworking individuals to manage our warehouse. This role will train alongside our very experienced warehouse managers and operatives and take full advantage of our onsite training.
The main duties of the role would be:
- Managing the warehouse team
- Checking in orders
- Preparing stock movement between our stores
- Labelling stock
- Stock control
- Liaising with other departments
The job is very hands on and can be quite physical – involving being on your feet all day and heavy lifting – so a good level of physical fitness and enjoyment of physically demanding work would be required.
The role is based at our garden centre just outside of town and can require you to work in other stores on occasion, due to this we would prefer applicants who can drive. Applicants should live within the local area for ease of traveling to and from work.
We can offer rates of pay well above the industry average following completion of a successful trial period. The starting rate of this role is between £12 and £13 which is equivalent to between £25,000- £27,000 per year. Holiday is pro rata based on days worked – approx. 28 days per year.
Previous warehouse experience preferred.
How to Apply for this role
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.