Our horticultural/ garden centre business is expanding and we are looking to grow our team to help with the extra work. We looking for four new team members to assist with the production and distribution from our 9 acre growing site.
The roles include the following duties:
- Production of garden plants into finished containers
- Lining out, watering, and growing of garden plants on the nursery
- Picking orders, pricing, and dispatching plants to our garden centres
- Cleaning and tidying the nursery – various operational tasks on the nursery
- Loading and unloading the lorries
The job is very hands on and can be quite physical – involving being on your feet all day and heavy lifting – so a good level of physical fitness and enjoyment of physically demanding work would be required. Some weekend and bank holiday work would be required to suit the business needs.
Our company employ’s over 100 staff across five nurseries in Devon and Somerset and we are the largest grower retailer in the South West.
We can offer rates of pay well above the industry average following completion of a successful trial period, a long-term career in retail as well as plenty of opportunities to advance into retail management. The starting rate of this role is between £11.44 and £12.00 which is equivalent to between £23,000- £24,500 per year. Holiday is pro rata based on days worked – approx. 28 days per year.
How to Apply for this role
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.