Plants Galore are seeking a dedicated supervisor to manage the payment area and customer service within the store. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual who can head up our in house customer care campaign while managing the payment and running the area. No prior horticultural experience is required, all training will be provided in house.
Duties will include:
- Welcoming customers and dealing with any queries
- Lead the customer service campaign, helping to develop the team in store
- Assisting the store manager with sales targets
- Retail store administration and payment area management – fully trained and confident to deal with all daily retail store administration issues in relation to the operation of our massive retail garden plant supermarket including HR, head office liaison, policies, and procedures.
- Training to supervise payment area staff, garden sundries merchandising and re-ordering and garden plant merchandising and re-ordering.
- Training and developing the payment area team.
- Assisting in other retail roles of the centre.
This role will require regular weekend work. The working week is based on an average 35 hours per week (overtime available most weeks if you want increased hours) based on flexible staff rota covering Monday to Sunday. Working hours are based on approx 7am / 8am start to 4pm / 6pm finish but hours may vary with time of year and needs of the business. Holiday is up to 28 days per year paid on a pro rata basis subject to hours worked. The role can be physical and require lifting / carrying / etc and can be both indoor / outdoor assisting all customers where needed.
All hourly wage rates subject to successful completion of short initial trial period before we look to train and progress your career with us. We can offer fast pay rises and promotions for bright hard-working applicants with excellent career prospects as part of our 100 strong staff team across five horticultural garden centres located in Devon and Somerset. We are the largest grower / retailer of garden plants in the South West UK.
Our company offers full training programs leading to potential management / supervisory roles in our stores / departments. Our company has a proven, successful system for promoting staff from within our ranks over a three to six month period to higher paid roles within the company.
How to Apply for this role
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.
We currently have many vacancies so please visit our website (www.growndirect.co.uk) to view our other vacancies.