We are seeking dedicated senior till staff to run and control our payment areas. The right candidates will be reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who are looking to take on a new challenge and join our friendly team. We offer full in house training in all aspects of the role and we can also offer many development routes within our expanding business.
The job is very hands on and can be quite physical – involving being on your feet all day and heavy lifting – so a good level of physical fitness and enjoyment of physically demanding work would be required. Regular weekends and bank holidays would be required to suit the business needs – please do not apply if you can’t work weekends.
The role is varied and will suit someone who enjoys a range of tasks. Typical tasks will include:
- Regular till work
- Customer service
- Merchandising of the store
- Cleaning and re-stocking the store
The role is based at our garden centre just outside of town and can require you to work in our other stores on occasion, due to this we would prefer applicants who can drive. Applicants should live within the local area for ease of traveling to and from work.
We can offer rates of pay well above the industry average following completion of a successful trial period, a long-term career in retail as well as plenty of opportunities to advance into retail management. The starting rate of this role is between £12 and £13 which is equivalent to between £25,000- £27,000 per year. Holiday is pro rata based on days worked – approx. 28 days per year.
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.
We currently have many vacancies so please visit our website (www.growndirect.co.uk) to view our other vacancies.