Plymouth Plants Galore are seeking a Garden Plants Supervisor to help manage the garden plants department of the store. This role will help the team to care for plants and manage the displays- this role is very physical and will require you to be on your feet. Full training will be provided.
Duties will include:
- Building plant displays
- Merchandising the displays
- Plant care
- Staff management
- Customer service
- Assisting with the till area
For career minded people we can offer training and progression with salaries of £35k to £40k plus and we are always actively seeking hardworking, bright people who want to build a solid horticultural / retail career with our company.
This role has excellent career potential for the right candidate. You will be part of a five person management team running a busy retail garden centre reporting to the store manager / head office.
- All applicants will need reliable transport / lift to work as public transport is limited.
- Regular weekend working is required as part of a staff rota – please do not apply if you can’t work weekends
- All our retail work requires physical lifting and carrying all day – working on your feet during the day / serving customers and being active. The work suits people who enjoy being fit and healthy and mobile.
All hourly wage rates subject to successful completion of short initial trial period before we look to train and progress your career with us. We can offer fast pay rises and promotions for bright hard working applicants with excellent career prospects as part of our 100 strong staff team across five horticultural garden centres located in Devon and Somerset. We are the largest grower / retailer of garden plants in the south west UK.
Working week is based on average 35 hours per week (overtime available most weeks if you want increased hours) based on flexible staff rota covering Monday to Sunday which will include the need for regular weekend working from all staff.
Working hours are based on approx 7am / 8am start to 4pm / 6pm finish but hours may vary with time of year and needs of the business. Holiday is up to 28 days per year paid on a pro rata basis subject to hours worked. The role is fairly physical and requires lifting / carrying / etc and can be both indoor / outdoor.
Our company offers full training programs leading to potential management / supervisory roles in our stores / departments. Our company has a proven, successful system for promoting staff from within our ranks over a three to six month period to higher paid roles within the company.
How to Apply for this role
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.
We currently have many vacancies so please visit our website (www.growndirect.co.uk) to view our other vacancies.