Plants Galore have vacancies for permanent retail staff with immediate start. We can offer full time (30 to 40 hours per week) roles located at our large garden centre / nursery located at Vinery Lane, Plymouth.
- All applicants will need reliable transport / lift to work as public transport is limited.
- Must be qualified to use a Forklift
- Regular weekend working is required – please do not apply if you can’t work weekends.
- Regular till work will be required.
- All our retail work requires physical lifting and carrying all day – working on your feet during the day / serving customers and being active. The work suits people who enjoy being fit and healthy and mobile.
Duties to include; Forklift operating, Till work, merchandising our garden plant departments and dry goods retail areas, cleaning and presenting the retail store ready for business, stocking up displays and creating new seasonal layouts. Suitable staff will also be trained to take customer payments and work in our payment areas. Some staff will assist in our dry goods warehouse with pricing and packing for our own centres.
All hourly wage rates subject to successful completion of short initial trial period before we look to train and progress your career with us. We can offer fast pay rises and promotions for bright hard working applicants with excellent career prospects as part of our 100 strong staff team across five horticultural garden centres located in Devon and Somerset. We are the largest grower / retailer of garden plants in the South West UK.
Working week is based on an average 35 hours per week (overtime available most weeks if you want increased hours) based on flexible staff rota covering Monday to Sunday which will include the need for regular weekend working from all staff. Working hours are based on approx 7am / 8am start to 4pm / 6pm finish but hours may vary with time of year and needs of the business. Holiday is up to 28 days per year paid on a pro rata basis subject to hours worked.
Our company offers full training programs leading to potential management / supervisory roles in our stores / departments. Our company has a proven, successful system for promoting staff from within our ranks over a three to six month period to higher paid roles within the company.
For career minded people we can offer training and progression with salaries of £30k to £35k plus and we are always actively seeking hardworking bright people who want to build a solid horticultural / retail career with our company.
How to Apply for this role
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.
We currently have many vacancies so please visit our website (www.growndirect.co.uk) to view our other vacancies.