We are seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join our management team at Newton Abbot Plants Galore. Immediate start is available and we can offer excellent career potential for the right candidate.
You will be part of a Five person management team running a busy retail garden centre reporting to the store manager.
Duties will include:
- Managing the dry goods stock
- Placing orders
- Assisting with customer service
- Assisting on tills when required
- Opening and/or closing the store
- Training new members of staff
- Supervising small teams as well as working independently on some tasks
- Taking payments from customers following all policies and procedures
- Dealing with customer queries
- Staff supervision and completing daily and weekly job lists
- Dealing with all head office communication by email and phone to ensure staff rotas and staff communication with head office is successful
Our company offers full training programs leading to management / supervisory roles in our stores / departments. This means we can offer full training, no matter your background. Our company has a proven, successful system for promoting staff from within our ranks over a three to six month period to higher paid roles within the company.
For career minded people we can offer training and progression with salaries of £30k to £35k plus and we are always actively seeking hardworking bright people who want to build a solid horticultural / retail career with our company.
- All applicants will need reliable transport / lift to work as public transport is limited.
- Regular weekend working is required as part of a staff rota – please do not apply if you can’t work weekends
- The role can be very physical and will involve lifting, carrying and being on your feet all day. It would suit someone who enjoys being active.
All hourly wage rates subject to successful completion of short initial trial period before we look to train and progress your career with us. We can offer fast pay rises and promotions for bright, hard working applicants with excellent career prospects as part of our 100 strong staff team across five horticultural garden centres located in Devon and Somerset. We are the largest grower / retailer of garden plants in the southwest UK.
How to Apply for this role
- Please send your CV (and a covering letter if available) as soon as possible. We will only respond to applicants who we wish to interview.
- Interviews will be held within the following few days and weeks
- The interview process will be informal and friendly and involve completion of an application form and an in-depth chat about the roles on offer.
- There is no closing date for these positions unless they are filled.
We currently have many vacancies so please visit our website (www.growndirect.co.uk) to view our other vacancies.